Helping vulnerable people live the lives they choose. Outward is a not-for-profit organisation that provides care and support to vulnerable people in London, to help them live the lives they choose and realise their full potential. We offer a range of services for:
- adults with learning disabilities, including a specialised service for adults on the autistic spectrum
- older people
- adults with mental health issues
- young people at risk.
We work in ten London boroughs: Bromley, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
Our services in Hackney:
We are very active in Hackney, and provide lots of different services to enable people to engage in their local community. Our services include:
• The Hackney Volunteer & Befriending Service, which helps to tackle social isolation by pairing isolated adults with volunteers.
• The Hub Club - day opportunities and activities for adults with learning disabilities and on the autism spectrum.
• an outreach service for adults with learning disabilities who would like help with managing money and paying bills, filling out forms, going to appointments etc. We will help you to develop new skills and become more independent
• a specialist Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) service that provides person-centred support to people with high-need ASD, to enable them to participate in activities and reduce levels of challenging behaviour.
• supported accommodation for adults with learning disabilities who have mild to medium support needs, and for adults on the autistic spectrum.
• supported accommodation for young people at risk.
• supported accommodation and extra care scheme for older people.
Engaging, Enabling and Empowering
We are committed to the values of Engaging, Enabling and Empowering, which means:
- Engaging - We listen to what you say, we involve you in what we do, and we are honest and open
- Enabling - We assist and we support you to achieve your goals and aspirations
- Empowering - We inspire and we encourage, empowering you to take control and to take advantage of good opportunities.
Who to contact
Where to go
4 Daneland Walk
- N17 9FE
Page updated: 06 Sep 2021