One You £1 community-based fitness classes
Regular physical activity can reduce your risk of breast cancer by up to 20%, dementia, depression and colon cancer by up to 30%, cardiovascular disease by up to 35%, type 2 diabetes by up to 40% and hip fractures by up to 68%. ( Public Health England).
One You community classes is our programme of fitness and 'cook and eat' courses taking place in community venues across Hackney. It's running alongside the national Public Health England One You campaign to encourage residents to get fitter, eat healthier and feel better.
The classes are just £1 or a donation and are aimed at children and adults. You can just turn up and fill in a brief registration form. See the timetables below for the latest classes and more information contact Henry Muss on 020 8356 6326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ballroom dance - an intermediate class that practices popular ballroom styles including salsa, foxtrot, waltz and rumba
- box-fit - fitness circuits that include boxing pad work
- body conditioning - improve your core strength and tone up
- capoeira - a martial art combining dance, acrobatics and music
- cardio pilates to music - a dynamic pilates class that works lower body, upper body and core to music
- chair-based fitness - seated keep fit for people with mobility issues
- cheerleading - learn basic cheerleading skills such as stunting (lifting people), tumbling (flips), chants and dance while improving your flexibility; for ages 7-11, with Hera Williams
- family zumba - a dance fitness class for all the family
- fit to tone - a mix of circuit and core strength activities
- fitness circuits - circuit training that can incorporate free weights and steps
- judo - the traditional martial art that's great for self-defence and fitness
- legs, bums and tums - an all round work out to tone and strengthen
- moving and juicing with Michelle - an hour of aerobic and core workout followed by a juicing session to help get your seven a day
- pilates - strengthens the body evenly, emphasising core strength to improve general fitness and wellbeing
- yoga - postures to align your body and mind while improving core strength
- zumba and Brazilian dance - a fun dance class for all levels
Who to contact
Where to go
- various venues around the borough.