Discharge Planning Team - Homerton Hospital
The discharge planning team works with the multi-disciplinary team on the ward – including the patient, doctors, nurses, therapists, specialist nurses and social workers - to carry out each patient’s needs assessments and make the necessary arrangements for patients to be discharged safely and in a timely manner.
The possible options for people who are leaving hospital and are not fully independent are:
- returning home with rehabilitation, in order to regain the ability to live as independently as possible
- returning home to live independently or with services such as home care and/or with specialist equipment
- going from hospital to a rehabilitation unit, to gain the necessary abilities to manage at home, with or without care and equipment
- where all other options have been explored, to consider a care home placement. This will involve presentation to Health and Social Care Panels, for funding to be decided.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Homerton University Hospital
- E9 6SR