Skip to main content

Hackney iCare

In this section you can find details  employment opportunities.

View the FAQs below for help and information.

You can search above for:

  • a range of local and national support and advice agencies that can advise you on employment opportunities
  • local job centre plus services and organisations that can help disabled people to find employment or stay in work, including employment services, careers services and voluntary organisations

Jobs, training and apprenticeships

If you are looking for jobs at the Council, you can search here:

Jobs at the Council

Advice for jobseekers

  • Jobcentre Plus offers a number of programmes and services to help jobseekers, unemployed people, those with disabilities and others who may need extra help in finding work. Contact Jobcentre Plus
  • National Careers Service - information on planning your career, CVs, job applications and finding a job

Jobs opportunities in Hackney and apprenticeships

If you live in Hackney and are looking for a job or an apprenticeship, Hackney Works can help you.

Whether you're just starting out, haven't worked for years or you want to change careers, they can advise you, find you the most suitable training and help you apply for the jobs that you want.

To find out what opportunities are available, access help and register for an appointment, please visit Hackney Works.

Help for disabled people to get back to work

You can contact your local job centre and speak to the Disability Employment Advisor who provides support for disabled people to get back to work. also has information about support for disabled people including pathways to work, work schemes and programmes, work experience placements and careers advice.

Support is also available from other organisations which can be found by searching the directory. You can search for support for your specific needs (e.g. employment assistance for people with visual impairments).


The GOV.UK website has information on benefits for people who are looking for work or who are in employment and entitled to extra financial support.

Family carers' rights at work

Information and support for family carers who want to combine caring with paid work

Employment support for people with mental health problems or a learning disability

The Shaw Trust provides an employment service to support you if you are over 18 and have a learning disability, autism or mental health problems.
They can help you to: 

  • prepare for work
  • find training or work experience
  • find and apply for paid work
  • manage a disability at work

and support you if you have problems at work.

They will recognise and respond to your abilities, aspirations and strengths and offer expert advice and practical help to find the right employment for you.

Heart icon Services near you

Back to top

Emergency help icon Emergency help

Directory A-Z